Situated on the western shore of Lake Michigan, Milwaukee is a city in Wisconsin known for its beer industry. This city was formed by Solomon Junea, Byron Kilbourn and George H. Walker. This city is majorly influenced by German culture and celebrates German fest every year in July.
Things to do
- Harley Davidson Museum- This museum will show you the long history of Harley Davidson motorcycles.
- Milwaukee art Museum- One of the largest museums in the US, it contains about 25000 art works.
- Milwaukee County Zoo- Spread over an area of more than 200 acres, this zoo has more than 1,800 animals.
- Discovery World- It is a science and technology center with museums and aquariums and focuses on conservation.
- Milwaukee Public Museum- It is a great place to take your kids. They will love this museum.
- Historic Third Ward- It is a historical place in Milwaukee.
- Pabst Mansion- This is a beautiful mansion of a former beer family; it takes about an hour to see it completely and is worth a visit.
- Betty Brinn Children’s Museum- This museum has many educational exhibitions for children.
- Pabst Theater- A theater for live shows and concerts.
- Whitnall Park- Beautiful lush green park with trails.
- Lakeshore State Park
- Villa Terrace Decorative arts
What to eat
Milwaukee is world famous for its cheese and beer. Besides these two things there are several other dishes that you must try here. Some of them include:
- Frozen Custard- It is made from cream, eggs and sugar and is a must try in Milwaukee.
- Fruit Dumpling- Made from rhubarb, apple, blueberries and other fruits, it is a dish to be remembered.
- Fish fry
- Charcuterie- It is smoked and butchered meat with cheese.
- Burger and a bloody mary
- Cheese curds